The Authority is organised as follows:
The Pensions Regulator, Brendan Kennedy, is the Chief Executive Officer of the Pensions Authority.
Compliance - are responsible for:
- investigating suspected breaches of the Pensions Act and instigating sanctions where appropriate
- supervision and enforcement activities including on-site inspections and compliance audits designed to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Pensions Act
- oversight and processing of defined benefit scheme funding and related recovery plans
- registering and approving PRSA products
- approving and renewing Registered Administrators
- granting approval for cross-border schemes.
Regulatory Intelligence – are responsible for:
- managing all the Authority's ICT requirements
- analysis of data submitted to the Authority by regulated entities
- collating available data and information
- dealing with data queries from regulated entities.
Technical - are responsible for:
- providing technical support and advice to the Authority
- dealing with all initial information enquiries from scheme members, trustees, employers, the pensions industry and the general public
- the content of all published guidance, whether advisory or mandatory
- contributing to and participating in EU and international pension policy issues.
Development - are responsible for:
- designing and implementing the changes needed to give effect to the IORPs II directive and the Authority's proposed pension reforms
- drafting governance and management standards for pension schemes
- development of Authority processes for the ongoing oversight of regulated entities
- formulating policy advice on the development and regulation of pensions and related issues through research, consultation and the preparation of working papers.
Legal - are responsible for:
- providing legal advice and support services to the Authority
- prosecuting summary offences and taking other legal sanctions under the Pensions Act
- providing secretariat services to the board of the Authority.
Operations - are responsible for:
- communications and delivering the Authority's information to scheme members, trustees, employers, the pensions industry, the general public and the media
- budgeting, financial management and controls
- human resources, risk management, procurement and facilities management
- overseeing corporate governance and associated policies and processes.