Model disclosure documents
The Pensions Authority has published a series of model disclosure documents concerning disclosure of information requirements. This is in response to submissions received to our Defined Contribution (DC) pensions’ consultation paper which indicated that the quality of member information needs to be improved considerably and made more user-friendly. These model disclosure documents communicate as clearly and meaningfully as possible the information required to be disclosed to scheme members by disclosure regulations.
To date the following have been published and can be viewed by selecting the relevant link on the left.
- a model annual benefit statement (including statement of reasonable projection requirements) for a defined contribution scheme
- a model Statement of Reasonable Projection (SRP)
- a model annual benefit statement for a defined benefit (DB) scheme
- a model leaving service options letter for a defined contribution scheme
- a model leaving service options letter for a defined benefit scheme
- a model retirement options letter for a defined contribution scheme
- a model retirement options letter for a defined benefit scheme
These documents aim to provide understandable information in a structured manner so that members can make informed decisions about their retirement savings.