Annual benefit statement for a defined benefit scheme
Instructions for use – annual benefit statement for a defined benefit (DB) scheme
- The model document under 'Related File(s)' below is a sample annual benefit statement for a DB scheme. Information will need to be tailored to the particular scheme/member and you may wish to amend the layout or add additional information that you feel is useful for the member.
- Where figures are used, they are for illustrative purposes only.
- The model document contains endnotes which provide further information for the person preparing the benefit statement. These deal with:
- information to be given where a pension adjustment order is in place
- benefits at retirement and benefits had the member left service
- option to purchase additional benefits or transfer in.
While the Authority considers that this sample benefit statement has been prepared in accordance with the relevant legislation at 19 December 2014, anyone preparing an annual benefit statement should satisfy themselves that the information they give is compliant with the applicable legislative requirements.