Advertisement for Head of Information Services
Friday 6 July 2007:The Pensions Board is the statutory body responsible for regulating occupational pension schemes and personal retirement savings accounts (PRSAs) in Ireland, and for advising the Minister for Social and Family Affairs on pension matters in general.
The responsibilities of this post are to:
- Develop, manage and implement the provision of information services in the Board
- Develop and implement public relations and information policy programmes for the Board
- Develop strategies to ensure that trustees and scheme administrators are well informed about and compliant with their responsibilities under the Pensions Act
- Plan and implement strategies for the delivery of the Board’s pensions awareness programmes
- Act as key spokesperson for the Board with the media and at public meetings, seminars and conferences both nationally and internationally
- Actively participate in The Pensions Board’s management at a senior level.
This senior executive post requires an individual with excellent communication skills both written and oral. A candidate should have the ability to develop and nurture key stakeholder relationships. Significant pensions knowledge at a senior level and a thorough understanding of the day to day issues facing pension schemes and of national and international pension issues are requirements for success in this role.
The successful candidate must have the ability to interact at a high level with stakeholders in the pensions industry and Government departments. A primary degree is desirable together with some background in one or more of the following areas: media management, pensions, public administration, law or finance.
This senior appointment, based in Dublin, is at Principal Officer level which has a current starting salary of €86,332, rising by increments to €106,785.
Full details of the post and remuneration package are available under 'Related Documents'.
Candidates should submit their full career details stating how they meet the requirements for this position to:
The Pensions Board
28 -30 Lower Mount Street
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th July 2007