The Pensions Board to participate in the Taking Care of Business Seminars 2014
3 February 2014: Seminars, aimed at small business owner/managers or anyone thinking of starting a new business, to run in March and April 2014
A series of free ‘Taking Care of Business’ one-stop-shop events for SMEs will take place around the country in spring 2014; these half-day events are for those who currently own or manage a small business or are thinking of starting a new business.
A range of State offices and agencies will give short presentations and answer questions about assistance available to your business and key regulations. Areas covered will include:
· Supports from enterprise agencies and Local Authorities;
· Access to Finance programmes;
· Tax, employment and Health & Safety obligations;
· Legal requirements for setting up and running your business.
The events will take place in:
· Limerick on Tuesday March 11th in the Strand Hotel;
· Galway on Tuesday March 25th in the Radisson Blu Hotel;
· Cork on Tuesday April 1st in the Silver Springs Moran Hotel.
A Government Minister will open each event and a mix of local and national figures from business will chair the presentation sessions. Information stands will be open throughout, allowing you to speak informally with staff from each of the bodies attending.
This ‘Taking Care of Business’ roadshow builds on a pilot event attended by over 500 people in October 2013 in Dublin Castle; feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive with organisation of regional events the most frequent suggestion for future events.
To find out more about these events and to register, please visit www.takingcareofbusiness.ie. Attendance is free but early booking is strongly advised as numbers are limited.
The State office and agencies represented at the event will be:
· County and City Enterprise Boards: Limerick City Enterprise Board / Roscommon County Enterprise Board / South Cork Enterprise Board
· Revenue Commissioners
· Enterprise Ireland
· Competition Authority
· Companies Registration Office
· Environmental Protection Agency
· Food Safety Authority of Ireland
· Health and Safety Authority
· Credit Review Office
· Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement
· National Employment Rights Authority
· Office of Government Procurement
· Department of Social Protection / Intreo
· Data Protection Commissioner
· Equality Authority
· National Standards Authority of Ireland
· Microfinance Ireland
· Local Authorities: Limerick City & County Council / Galway City and County Councils / Cork City and County Councils
· SOLVIT (informal problem-solving network for EU citizens and businesses)
· Enterprise Europe Network
· Patents Office
· The Pensions Board
· Personal Injuries Assessment Board
· Access to Finance
And a range of Government Skills Programmes
The European Commission Representation in Ireland will also attend the events. ‘Taking Care of Business’ is supported by SFA, Chambers Ireland, ISME, RGData, ACCA and the Hardware Association of Ireland.