- to measure visitor traffic to our website and their usage patterns
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests
- to speed up your searches
- to recognise you when you return to our website.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Online form session cookie||ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is created when a user connects to an ASP.NET application and will expire when the user closes their browser. This cookie is essential for use of forms on our site to store the session id of the user’s current seesion and is also used in The Authority Members Area and in the Trustee E-Learning.|
|Survey banner||pollPops||This cookie is used to remember if the user has participated in The Pensions Authority survey. If the user has already completed the survey, the link is then hidden from the web page.|
|Accessibility/ contrast stylesheets||css||This cookie is used to remember which accessibility/contrast/standard style sheet the user prefers. The website checks this cookie when the page loads up and displays the page using which stylesheet the user last used.|
|Session cookie||MenuItemActive||This cookie is used to remember which lesson you are on when in the trustee e-learning section.|
|Session cookie||.ASPXUSERCMS||This cookie is used to contain information about the session when the user logs in. Relates to Authority Members area and trustee e-learning section only.|
|Pensions Authority site cookie acceptance||accept_cookies||This cookie is created when users accept the cookie agreement.|
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You are always free to decline such cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion.
To disable cookies, please see links to the following websites for the procedures to follow to view and disable cookies on your computer:
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ('Google'), to gather statistics on our website. The statistics we gather help us to provide a better web service for the visitors. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google's website.
The Pensions Authority will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.